COVID-19 Update: May 25, 2020
We are pleased to announce that our ReStore will be open to the public starting May 26 with limited hours. The ReStore will now be open for shoppers Tuesday – Saturday from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM with scheduled donation drop-offs from 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM. Please note, social distancing will be enforced and all shoppers will be required to wear face coverings that cover both the nose and mouth. Thank you for your cooperation as we strive to create a safe environment for everyone.
COVID-19 Update: May 16, 2020
The health and safety of our Habitat Family has always been a top priority. On Tuesday, May 19th we will begin taking donations of furniture and household items at our ReStore by appointment only. To schedule your contactless donation drop-off appointment, please call us at (386) 257-9950
COVID-19 Update: March 31, 2020
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Volusia County’s administrative offices and ReStore will remain closed until such time that it is deemed safe and responsible to reopen. Our priority is the safety and security of our Habitat Family, as well as our community responsibility. We thank you for your understanding.
Our staff is working remotely and ready to assist you during this time. Contact us at 386-257-9950 or email@example.com. Homeowners with concerns and/or questions regarding mortgages can reach us at the phone number above or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hold all those impacted by this situation in our prayers.
COVID-19 Update: March 16, 2020
At Habitat for Humanity of Greater Volusia County (HFH of GVC), we have always been committed to the safety and security of all of our Habitat Family. Please know that we have put additional measures into place in response to the COVID19 (coronavirus).
These measures are based on guidance from Habitat for Humanity International and our local, state and national public health authorities. We are continually monitoring the situation and our approach may change as new guidance is made available. Accordingly, these are the current circumstances for HFH of GVC in our office, on the construction site and at our ReStore and recommended to our Volunteers and Staff Members:
- As always, if you feel sick, seek medical guidance from your health care provider and do not come to work/volunteer activities until you are feeling better and have been diagnosed as not contagious. You should prioritize your health and ensure you do not expose your coworkers to infection.
- If you feel you may have been exposed to an infectious disease, are exhibiting symptoms or have been diagnosed as contagious by your health care provider, you should immediately isolate yourself from others. Please contact your supervisor to inform them so that Habitat can take appropriate actions to prevent the spread of any infection.
- If you have returned from areas with confirmed COVID-19 cases and experience cough, fever or shortness of breath within 14 days of return, you should call ahead to a healthcare professional and mention your recent travel or close contact. If you have had close contact with someone showing these symptoms who has recently traveled from areas with confirmed COVID-19 cases, you should call ahead to a healthcare professional and mention your close contact and their recent travel.
- Frequent hand-washing as recommended by the CDC – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Employ social distancing recommendations in interactions.
As of today, we have made the decision to temporarily close our administrative offices, ReStore and construction site until April 1st.
We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you informed through our FaceBook page. Find us on FaceBook at HFH of GVC or facebook.com/HFHofGVC. Our Staff will be working over the next few days in our locations to ensure that we remain responsive and attentive to the needs of our Habitat Homeowners and then will work remotely.
- Activities/Events: All activities and events are canceled until further notice.
- Construction Sites: Closed beginning Tuesday morning, March 17th. Our Volunteer Coordinator, Kimberly Boyce, can answer any questions and is in contact with groups scheduled to work with us. email@example.com
- ReStore: Closed beginning Tuesday morning, March 17th. Donation pick-ups scheduled for this week and beyond will require re-scheduling and our staff will be contacting donors beginning on Tuesday.
- Administrative Office: Closed beginning Tuesday morning March 17th. Staff will be available by phone/email. Communication (through mail and phone calls) will begin to our Homeowners on Tuesday.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support, my apologies for any inconveniences created by these decisions.
Please know that we will continue to act with caution and prudence as your safety, security, and health are of great importance to us. We thank you for your commitment to the mission of Habitat for Humanity. Stay well.
Sincerely, Lori M. Gillooly, CEO for Habitat for Humanity of GVC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Office: 386-257-9950 /Cell: 386-295-9928