Volunteer With Us
If you would like to volunteer, please contact Community Relations/Volunteer Coordinator Kimberly Boyce at 386-257-9950 or Volunteer@HabitatGVC.org.
To ensure a great experience, we require all volunteers to sign-up for the site before arriving on the workday.
When people think of Habitat for Humanity, they first envision a volunteer opportunity on the construction site. While this is important, there are many other ways that your volunteering can impact the Habitat for Humanity mission. Our ReStore is a constant source of funding and advocacy, we need assistance in our Administrative offices and with community events, even serving on a committee.
- How do I start volunteering? That’s simple! Just contact Kimberly Boyce at 386-257-9950 or Volunteer@HabitatGVC.org to get the process started. You can also download our 2021 Volunteer Application here.
- Can I send my completed Volunteer Application by email or fax? We require the original signed copy of the Volunteer Application for our records. Applications can be mailed to or dropped off at our administrative office:
Habitat for Humanity of GVC
1030 W. Intl Speedway Blvd., 2nd Floor
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
- Do you need construction experience to work at the construction site? We do not require previous experience! We welcome volunteers of all skill levels to our sites. All volunteer days start with a safety orientation and instructions for completing the day’s tasks. If you do have construction experience (carpentry, tile work, dry-walling, etc.), we encourage you to notify the site supervisor.
- How many people can be in my group? We can accommodate up to 15 group members.
- Do I have to be part of a group? No! We welcome individuals as well as groups at both our construction sites and our ReStore.
- Do I need to bring my own tools? Don’t worry, we provide all the tools and safety equipment you will need!