Habitat for Humanity of Greater Volusia County, Inc. (HFH of GVC) seeks a Volunteer Coordinator. This full-time, Tuesday through Saturday, salaried position represents a key role in Affiliate Operations and is responsible for: administration of the Affiliate’s Volunteer Program; event management; community relations and marketing, including web-site and social media responsibilities.
Required knowledge and skills:
- Strong background/demonstrated experience in working with diverse groups/individuals (including youth/collegiate groups, corporate groups, congregations, and individuals)
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written, comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to manage special events from planning stage through execution
- Organizational skills/ability to manage: volunteer work schedules, logistics, safety practices, hospitality, data input – Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience in managing/posting to social media sites and website
- Excellent people skills (patience and ability to lead) working with people of all backgrounds and skill levels.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office/Excel Spreadsheets/Publisher
- Ability to work in potentially stressful situations,ability to lift 25lbs and to stand for long periods, ability to spend periods outdoors at Habitat construction sites, ReStore and events.
- High School Diploma required, Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience in non-profit, affordable housing, construction and/ or volunteer management, a plus
Responsibilities and Focus include:
- Recruitment, Retention, Records Management, and Recognition of Volunteers
- Team approach with Construction Site Supervisors, ReStore Manager and Director of Homeowner Services to ensure successful and fulfilling volunteer and Homeowner Candidate experiences
- Travel between administrative office, ReStore, construction sites, and events. Must have reliable transportation.
- Keen respect for volunteerism
- Understanding and commitment to Habitat for Humanity’s mission goals – developed and demonstrated through tenure in position
- Initiative to assess volunteer needs throughout the Affiliate’s operations, create recruitment opportunities and provide orientation and training for new volunteers
This is a full-time, salaried position – typical work week is Tuesday through Saturday. Requires occasional varied/ weekend and evening hours. Salary range between $35,000 – $42,000 with starting salary based on experience/education. A generous benefit package (includes health, dental, IRA match, vacation and PTO) is included following a 90-day probationary period. Reports directly to the Affiliate CEO.
The Habitat for Humanity mission promotes the ideas of opportunity, accountability and achievement. For the right candidate, this position offers a unique opportunity for you to truly make a difference in our community.
Volunteer Coordinator Job Posting, continued:
Hiring Requirements include: application, background checks; medical and drug screening; State of FL driver’s license
How to Apply: Please send a Cover Letter and Resume by email or regular post to: Lori M. Gillooly, CEO –HFH of Greater Volusia County, Inc. 1030 W. International Speedway Blvd., 2nd Floor, Daytona Beach, FL 32114 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HFH of Greater Volusia County, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.