How to become a Habitat for Humanity homeowner
If you, or someone you know, is in need of a decent, affordable home, please contact us to find out about our mortgage program. We will explain the application criteria and how the program works. To learn more about how to become a Habitat for Humanity of Greater Volusia County homeowner, please contact Darlene Wolfson at 386-257-9950 or email at email@example.com.
Each Habitat affiliate selects “partner families” to become Habitat homeowners. Habitat for Humanity follows a nondiscriminatory policy of family selection. Neither race nor religion is a factor in choosing partner families. Partner families are always selected based on their level of need, ability to pay and willingness to partner.
Applicants are required to meet several criteria to qualify for our Homeowner Program.Each Habitat affiliate has its own guidelines, however, in general, our prospective homeowners must:
- Provide documentable income.
- Have a documentable monthly income that falls within minimum and maximum guideline, based on household size.
- Sustain a savings account over a specified period of time.
In addition, each partner family will be required to:
- Invest sweat-equity hours in building his/her home and others.
- Make an affordable down payment.
- Make timely mortgage payments.
- Attend homeowner education classes.
We look forward to hearing from you!